How Can Affirmations Help You Move Past Difficult Life Situations?
What are the benefits of using affirmations?
- Reduced negative thoughts
- Many of our thoughts tend to be subconscious, positive affirmations helps us over come thoughts and feelings that bring us down and stop us from creating the life we want to live.
- Improves happiness
- Repeating affirmations to yourself can shift your focus away from the negative thoughts and draw attention to your positive qualities and strengths.
How to write an affirmation statement:
1. First think about the area of your life that you consider to be negative.
- The situation you are in, work, relationships, how you cope with something, etc.
2. Rephrase the negative features as a positive affirmation.
- Change the negative word and write its positive opposite. Remember, keep the affirmation short and concise (ideally a phrase, not even a sentence).
- State in present tense.
- Repeat your affirmations a few times every day.
- Try to find a quiet place and try to be calm and focused when you do it.
Below are some E.L.O. Deck affirmations that you may find helpful during times of stress and uncertainty. What feels right, true, and helpful changes from person to person so modifying an affirmation or using these ideas to create your own is also okay!
- I always try again
- I am loved
- I am kind
- I need to rest to do my best
- I try my best
- I can be anything I want to be
- My family and friends need me